*Politicians, journalists, and analysts react to the news of a proposed 30-day ceasefire*
[image: ‘A ceasefire only benefits those who are retreating’: Russia’s top foreign relations experts and actors react to US-Ukraine talks]
FILE PHOTO. © Sputnik/Sergey Bobylev
Following high-level talks between US and Ukrainian delegations in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, two key developments have emerged. First, Russia has been pushed to agree to a 30-day ceasefire. Second, Washington has announced the resumption of military aid and intelligence support for Kiev. The latest round of negotiations has sparked widespread debate among Russian politicians, experts, and journalists. Here we examine the reactions and implications.
*Fyodor Lukyanov, the editor-in-chief of Russia in Global Affairs:*
The final statement of the [Ukrainian and American] delegations shows that the meeting in Saudi Arabia has gone according to the US plan. The White House aimed to pressure Ukraine into acknowledging the need to align with its demands for a swift cessation of hostilities (a full ceasefire rather than the partial one mentioned by Kiev). In return, Washington promised to resume military assistance to Ukraine, which was previously suspended: agree to a ceasefire, the US said, and you’ll get back what you had before.
There’s some ambiguity regarding the agreement on resources, which may need to be revised and approved. And there’s still no clarity on security guarantees for Ukraine. It seems both issues are still being considered, as negotiations continue. The suggestion that Europe should be involved in the peace process indicates that Ukraine won’t be left all alone.
Overall, Ukraine has swallowed its shame (and Zelensky’s humiliation) and capitulated by expressing *“the Ukrainian people’s strong gratitude to President Trump, the US Congress, and the people of the United States for facilitating meaningful progress toward peace.”* It didn’t express gratitude for US support, but rather for facilitating progress towards peace. As Rubio noted, the ball is now in Russia’s court, which aligns with US intentions. Ukraine has complied, and now, Russia is expected to enter the game.
US National Security Advisor Michael Waltz has hinted that there are certain undisclosed agreements, but for now, we can only speculate about them. If we focus on the published text, the proposal in its current form contradicts Moscow’s repeatedly stated position that no ceasefire will occur until the parameters of a comprehensive agreement ensuring lasting peace are established. In other words, the fighting will continue until a viable resolution is devised.
However, since the US publicly shifted its stance from being a side in the conflict to an assertive mediator (something Trump announced during his memorable meeting with Zelensky), it has become apparent that the dynamics have changed. The Roman numerals seem to have switched places: the XXI century looks more like the XIX century as personal diplomacy between monarchs takes center stage, overshadowing ideological commitments and even military achievements. The outcome will depend on their personal agreements or the lack thereof – in any case, we will soon see the result. As for the royal persons holding these discussions, it is clear whom we are talking about.
[image: RT]
Fyodor Lukyanov, the editor-in-chief of Russia in Global Affairs. © Sputnik/Kristina Kormilitsyna
*Vice Speaker of the Federation Council Konstantin Kosachev: *
The outcome of the US-Ukraine talks in Jeddah reveals a clear truth: Zelensky’s attempts to make *“the tail wag the dog”* may have worked with Biden, but not with Trump.
The terms are set by the Americans, not the Ukrainians. The Ukrainians merely agree with what they are told, bowing and scraping. Just look at the absurdity of the following statement, *“We’ll sign the resource agreement when it suits Washington”*! Zelensky is backed into a corner. As White House press secretary said, *“Trump put Zelensky in his place.”*
Russian troops are advancing, and so, dealings with Russia will be different. Any agreements (and we recognize the need for compromises) will come on our terms, not America’s. This isn’t just bravado; it’s an acknowledgment that real agreements are still being forged on the front lines – a fact Washington should understand.
For now, the main thing is not to let any extraneous comments disturb US-Russia negotiations. Let the negotiators do their job. Victory will be ours.
GO HERE FOR MORE www.rt.com/russia/614082-russia-ukraine-ceasefire-experts/ THE PROPHETIC NEWS SERVICE by MESSIAH’S BRANCH is an independent NEWS & RESEARCH MINSITRY FUNDED only by your kind donations, ANY SIZE DONATION HELPS GREATLY, Please go here to donate! prophecyhour.com/donations/ WE ALSO HAVE A MISSION CHURCH FOUND HERE wichitahomeless.com/